Min Y Don
- Unit 1
This lovely cottage is right on the edge of the sea in the heart of Llangrannog - you will be located in the centre of a bustling little community in the Summer and quiet sleepy village in the winter (with two pubs and a lovely cafe) - However the coastal path is on your doorstep and spectacular all year round! You can watch for dolphins, seals and all manor of wildlife. Llangrannog is ideally located between Cardigan and Aberystwyth perfect for days out to local attractions - or park your car and don't move, there is plenty to do and see in Llangrannog.
The cottage itself has been sympathetically renovated, retaining most of its original features this has been carried out with sensitivity and style.
THE NITTY GRITTY:
HEATING: Centrally heated throughout
Wi-Fi: Good broadband signal
Large utility room
- Large utility room /Boot room with clothes hanging area - Fridge with small freezer compartment
- Cupboards containing iron ironing board, high chair and travel cot.
- Off the utility is a shower /wet-room with loo & basin - Great if you are coming off the beach or walking and have muddy boots!
Open plan Kitchen /Dining area
- Kitchen range (Electric oven, 5 gas burners and hot plate)
- Wooden table will seat 7
- Free Sat TV and DVD.
- 3 seater sofa and 1.5 seater 'snuggled
- Fireplace with woodburner
Master Bedroom 1 :
- King size bed,.
- Wardrobe and drawers
- Contemporary bath and powerful shower.
- Toilet and washbasin.
- Heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 :
- King size bed,.
- Chest of drawers
Bedroom 3 :
- Triple bunk - Double down below and single up top
- Chest of drawers
Travel cot available (please bring your own bedding) please ask at time of booking
- Off street private parking for 3 cars
- Table and chairs
- Off-street parking area by entrance to house, with space for 3 cars
- There are Kayaks at the cottage (use at your own risk) which are free to use - take them out to sea on a calm day and explore the beautiful coastline. (please make sure that you know about the local tides etc. before setting off) and you can hire specialist kayaks in the village
- Sea & Slate Gallery - possibly the smallest gallery in Wales! This tiny galley offers the discerning traveler beautiful locally crafted art for all ages - come and say hello!
- The Beach Hut, Llangrannog - Great home made, locally produced meals - open for breakfast /Lunch and supper - Fab cakes - 50 yards!
- The Ship in, Llangrannog - Local pub, with good pub food - great atmosphere and music played regularly - 10 yards!
- The Pentre Arms - Local pub with award winning food, fresh fish, lobsters & crabs (when in season) caught in Cardigan bay - It also boasts a large picture window, which is the closest to the sea in wales - 50 yards!
- Cardigan Castle /Castell Teifi - Events, dining, afternoon teas & tours of the castle! - 10 miles
- Pizza tipi - Probably the best pizza in Wales! Lovely venue on the River Teifi estuary with pizza and open fires - Children love it, in Summer months get there early as it is very popular and can get busy - 10 miles
- Bara Menyn - Bake house (fresh bread and cakes baked on the premises ) and cafe - lovely atmosphere! - 10 miles
- The Hive, Aberaeron - restaurant with bar serving good home made fare - 12 miles
- The Ship Inn, Tresaith - Good pub food, great views out to sea - dolphin watch or watch the sunset while dining - 6 miles
- Cardigan Bay Seafood Festival - Aberaeron -Great atmospheric festival, with music and some of the best Welsh chefs taking part - taste some of the greatest fresh fish dishes in Wales! - 12 miles
- The Harbourmaster Hotel - Aberaeron. Lovely restaurant and bar, overlooking the pretty harbour in Aberaeron - great atmosphere and food
2 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, Triple bunk - Double below with single above
SleepingBed linen, 2 King bed
HeatingCentral heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, TV (Satellite)
ParkingParking Included, Roofed carport
Many thanks for booking Min y Don and we hope you are looking forward to your holiday.
Please find below the arrival instructions for your journey.
Travelling from the coastal road (A487) POST CODE SA44 6SL
Turn right (If traveling southerly) Left if travelling northerly (at the Londis /Murco Garage) at Brynhoffnant. (**NB: The Londis has a great selection of local produce and supplies)
Turn towards Llangrannog (Directly opposite the Londis /Murco Garage)
Proceed down the hill towards Llangrannog and the beach.
When you see the sea, drive in to the main car park and the property will be seen on your right hand side.
There is a key lock to enter the property - key code is 3791
The key safe is located on the inside middle post of the veranda. Walk onto the decking section by the house and just turn to look at the back of the post and you will see it there.
Arrival time : 4pm
Owners: Aidy and Katy Key : 07987588995
If you have any problems finding or accessing the property please feel free to give me a call at Sea and Slate ( Eleri : 07528374735 )
WIFI: is BTHub6-6MPZ Password: teum4xLcuy9H
You will see in front of you as you walk into the Utility a Nest Heating controller – this is very simple to use, if you are cold turn the dial to the right until the temperature goes higher than the currently displayed temperature.
- This is a combination microwave, grill and Hotblast slim fryer – instruction booklet is in the left hand drawer of the sideboard in the kitchen (or download from here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/MC32K7055CK/EU/)
If there is no time displayed on the Range if you switch the big red switch behind toaster and kettle until the time flashes – you will then need to press the button that looks like a hand (middle I think)
There is a bit of a knack to turning this on, If you turn the TV on first using the TV controller and then the Freesat then you should be able to Use the Freesat controller to select channels from the menu and also catchup / on demand programs. If the TV has reset to a different HDMI channel press the input select button to scroll through HDMI inputs.
We hope you holiday goes without a hitch, but if you do have any problems to do with the cottage.
Guest information relating to Coronavirus
Many thanks for booking with Sea & Slate - We really appreciate you coming and visiting us (safely) in this beautiful part of the world and we hope that you really enjoy your stay.
Sadly, the tourism industry has been hit hard in this region due to Covid-19 outbreak.
- New guidelines regarding COVID-19 and your holiday
Before you arrive at the property
Before you arrive at the property we will require you to check that all people staying there are free from symptoms*of the COVID-19 virus and are not self-isolating and declare that this is the case
*COVID-19 symptom checker
NHS Wales:https://111.wales.nhs.uk/SelfAssessments/symptomcheckers/COVID19.aspx Up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions in place in Wales can be found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus And here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You may find on arrival there are fewer or no games/ books or DVDs,CDs and ornaments at the property. This is because these items are quite time consuming or difficult to disinfect and we do not want to delay your arrival more than is necessary, so they may have been removed.
You might want to bring such items yourself from home.
Please check the latest arrivals information we have sent to you for key collection instructions.
Arrival times: We’ve updated arrival and departure times to allow for the additional cleaning requirements.
Arrive after 17.00 (pm) hours
Depart by10.00 (am) hours
Please strictly observe these arrival and departure times as they are in place for your safety and that of the housekeepers
When you arrive, if your property has a dishwasher, you may find this full of clean crockery etc. This way you can be confident that the items are clean and have not been touched by anyone.
Whilst at the property:
It is suggested by the Welsh Government that you wash your hands regularly, as handwashing remains the best defence for infection prevention. While in the community please remember to practice safe social distancing.
Please remember to follow Welsh government guidance regarding: Social distancing regular hand washing Sanitising and disinfecting.
Found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
If you become unwell with the symptoms of COVID-19and are advised to have a COVID-19test
please contact Sea & Slate immediately on 07831 452436 and vacate your holiday cottage
Please strip the beds, pillow-cases, sheets and duvet covers, mattress and pillow protectors and place the dirty linen and towels into the bags provided. Please load the dish-washer (if there is one) fully with everything you have used and set it going before you leave (no need to unload it).
Empty all bins and dispose of your rubbish in the appropriate recycling bin.
Local waste and recycling centres have strict guidelines during this time on disposal of rubbish. We advise that you please separate rubbish –glass in one bag, plastics in another, paper in another and non-recyclable in another and food waste in another. Recycling is very important in Ceredigion/ Carmarthenshire & Pembrokeshire and we ask please that you do this to assist our housekeepers
Thank you in advance for taking the time to ensure that the extra steps are taken – we really appreciate your help on this. It will help us ensure that we will be able to remain open and keep our housekeepers & communities safe throughout the season and beyond
Wishing you a healthy and happy stay
All the very best
Spot and Eleri