- Unit 1
This lovely renovated stone built School House - is a delight! Quirky, stylish and perfect for a chilled family holiday by the sea.
This cottage has a strong design aesthetic and has managed to bridge the gap brilliantly between old and 'funky' contemporary styles!
There are wide reaching views over the valley to Llangrannog and to the sea beyond. You are within walking distance from the seaside village of Llangrannog with its cosy pubs, Sea & Slate gallery (!) and cafes, it is the ideal location for walkers (the Ceredigion coastal path is virtually on your doorstep) and families alike. You can watch the sunset from the excellent cafes (with delicious ice cream as recommended by Rick Stein) and pubs that serve fresh seafood straight from Cardigan Bay (season permitting)
Go surfing, kayaking or for the less adventurous enjoy a picnic on the beach (only a 10 minute stroll away - for the less energetic, you can catch the bus shuttle from the top of the hill)
Positioned roughly halfway between the market town of Cardigan and the Georgian harbour town of Aberaeron. You are perfectly positioned to explore the rugged Ceridigion coastline and the pretty beaches of Llangrannog.
The nitty gritty:
The cottage is heated with modern electric radiators. There is also a fabulous log burner to keep you toasty. All windows are double glazed. There is also wi-fi.
- Well equipped 'galley'style kitchen with an open side/counter so that you can still be a part of what is go on in the living area! There is a dishwasher, an electric hob and fan oven. Pod Coffee maker, stove top Bialetti Espresso maker. Fitted kitchen units, under counter fridge.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and mini freezer
Open plan Living room /dining area
- Lovely fireplace with log burner (logs included) with 3 seater settee and arm chairs. Two seater settle and chair. Smart TV DVD/Bluray player and with Netflix. A selection of books, maps and games are provided.
- Double bedroom
- Master bedroom with Super King bed, and shaker style clothes hangers.
- Second bedroom with bunk beds and pull out single bed
Bath /Shower room:
- Spacious, fully tiled bathroom with bath and separate large shower and heated towel rail.
- A paved seating/dining area with table, with great views over the valley, chairs and parasol as well as a gas barbecue and table is provided.
Out and about:
- Located near the shores of Cardigan Bay and the coastal path - famous for Dolphin and Seal watching!
- Llangrannog - Small fishing village and beach - you are there!
- Pentre Arms - Llangrannog. Traditional family pub, winner of Food Awards 2 years running! Live music and great views of the sea from huge picture window (closest pub to the sea in Wales!) in Llangrannog
- The Beach Hut - Llangrannog. Fab, funky beach-side restaurant serving good home made food and fresh fish from the Bay (when in season - also (check opening times on website in Winter months)
- The Ship Inn, Llangrannog - bar and restaurant pub
- Sea & Slate Gallery, Llangrannog - Teeny gallery featuring local artists and artisans hand made gifts and art - 1 mile
- Pizza Tipi - An amazing outdoor Tipi (with fire pit to keep toasty) on the banks of the River Teifi Cardigan, serving the 'best home made pizzas in Wales'! (check opening times on website in Winter months) Cardigan about 10 miles away
- El Salsa - Bringing Award winning Mexican street food to Wales! (check opening times on website in Winter months) - Cardigan about 10 miles away
- Penbryn - National Trust beach - 2.5 mile (via coastal path 1 mile)
- Plwmp Tart - Penbryn NT beach - delicious home made cakes and lunches, open every day in the summer - check FB page for Winter opening times/
- New Quay - beach and boat trips to watch dolphins - around 15 minute drive away
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust Estate - around 20 minute drive
- Aberaeron - Fishing harbour, fabulous restaurants and shopping - 8 miles away
- Welsh Wildlife Centre - Otters and Glasshouse cafe (award for architectural design in 1993) - 11 miles away
- Heritage Canoes - Canoes, kayaking and wind surfing - 11 miles away
- National Woollen Museum - History of Welsh weaving and Spinning in the Museum, cafe and shop
- Hoffant stores (award winning) - groceries, local bakery, off license, fuel /wood - 2 miles away
- Da Mhile Distillery 9 miles
- Caws Teifi Delicious locally produced cheeses 9 miles away
- The Harbourmaster- Aberaeron Home made fresh produce year round - 9 miles away
- Tide times
1 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen
SleepingBed linen, 1 Double bed, 1 Fold-away bed, 1 King bed, 3 Single bed
CookingCoffee machine, Dishwasher, Grill, Kitchen stove, Oven
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryShower, Towels supplied
LaundryTumble dryer, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Smoke Detector
Travelling from the coastal road (A487)
Turn right (If travelling southerly) Left if travelling northerly (at the Londis /Murco Garage) at Brynhoffnant. (**NB: The Londis has a great selection of local produce and supplies)
- Turn towards Llangrannog (Directly opposite the Londis /Murco Garage)
- Proceed down the hill towards Llangrannog and the beach.
- You will come to a sharp hairpin bend. Just after this bend you will find Ysgoldy directly on the left hand side.
- Arrival time 4pm : Departure : 10 am
- KEY CODE : 1945. Key lock is located to the left of the door.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure :10am
- Housekeepers : Karl and Nicole Sperry : 07415 696 662 If you need any further information please don’t hesitate to call the Sea and Slate office or mobile : (Eleri ) 07528374735.