- Unit 1
Castell Carreg, is a fabulous Georgian (1880's) Ship Captains cottage set up the hill (4 mins walk from the beach front of Llangrannog)
The Interior designed cottage is very simply, tastefully decorated by the owner with a beautiful mixture of period antiques and traditional furniture . This fabulous house would suit a small family or equally a couple looking for a romantic retreat.
The house is perched above Y Gerwn, a stunning waterfall that runs down to the village and into the sea.
The Nitty gritty:
Sitting room: 3-seater sofa, 2 armchairs, Freeview TV/DVD, log burner
Dining room: With lovely views to the valley. Traditional table seating up to 6, 2-seater wooden sofa, fireplace
Kitchen: electric hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, toaster
Loo: Loo and hand basin
- king size bed,
- chest of drawers,
- traditional fireplace
- twin beds,
- chest of drawers,
- traditional fireplace
- hand basin,
There is an enclosed garden to the front of the cottage with bench seating,with an outside taps for cleaning kayaks/surfboards and sandy feet! There is also access to the enclosed village garden opposite, which is perfect for children to play in or to simply relax and chill and breath the sea air. There is private parking for 1 car to the side of the cottage.
Out and about:
- Located near the shores of Cardigan Bay and the coastal path - famous for Dolphin and Seal watching!
- Llangrannog - Small fishing village and beach - you are there!
- Pentre Arms - Llangrannog. Traditional family pub, winner of Food Awards 2 years running! Live music and great views of the sea from huge picture window (closest pub to the sea in Wales!) in Llangrannog
- The Beach Hut - Llangrannog. Fab, funky beach-side restaurant serving good home made food and fresh fish from the Bay (when in season - also (check opening times on website in Winter months)
- The Ship Inn, Llangrannog - bar and restaurant pub
- Sea & Slate Gallery, Llangrannog - Teeny gallery featuring local artists and artisans hand made gifts and art - 1 mile
- Pizza Tipi - An amazing outdoor Tipi (with fire pit to keep toasty) on the banks of the River Teifi Cardigan, serving the 'best home made pizzas in Wales'! (check opening times on website in Winter months) Cardigan about 10 miles away
- El Salsa - Bringing Award winning Mexican street food to Wales! (check opening times on website in Winter months) - Cardigan about 10 miles away
- Penbryn - National Trust beach - 2.5 mile (via coastal path 1 mile)
- Plwmp Tart - Penbryn NT beach - delicious home made cakes and lunches, open every day in the summer - check FB page for Winter opening times/
- New Quay - beach and boat trips to watch dolphins - around 15 minute drive away
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust Estate - around 20 minute drive
- Aberaeron - Fishing harbour, fabulous restaurants and shopping - 8 miles away
- Welsh Wildlife Centre - Otters and Glasshouse cafe (award for architectural design in 1993) - 11 miles away
- Heritage Canoes - Canoes, kayaking and wind surfing - 11 miles away
- National Woollen Museum - History of Welsh weaving and Spinning in the Museum, cafe and shop
- Hoffant stores (award winning) - groceries, local bakery, off license, fuel /wood - 2 miles away
- Da Mhile Distillery 9 miles
- Caws Teifi Delicious locally produced cheeses 9 miles away
- The Harbourmaster- Aberaeron Home made fresh produce year round - 9 miles away
- Tide times
• Travel cot, highchair available. Please bring your own cot bedding.
• Oil central heating
• Heating and electricity included
• First basket of logs and coal provided during winter months, more available to purchase locally
• No WiFi
• Sorry, no pets
• No smoking
• £250 refundable damages deposit
2 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen
SleepingBed linen, 1 Double bed, 2 Single bed
CookingCooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster
HeatingCentral heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryShower, Towels supplied, Washbasin
LaundryTumble dryer, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
ParkingParking Included, Roofed carport
OutsideDeck chairs, Private Garden
From Cardigan, proceed northeast on the A487 to Brynhoffnant, turn left (at the Londis/Petrol station)and proceed down the hill to Llangrannog . As you approach Llangrannog (just after taking the left hand turn towards the village) you will pass a small seating area on the left and will see Castell Carreg /Castle Rock as the first property on the right with a parikng area next to the rock.
Added Covid information
Your property will be clean and tidy upon arrival.
In light of the Coronavirus, we are asking our homeowners to instruct their housekeepers to focus more on items that are frequently touched e.g. door handles, keys, remote controls, radios, light switches and bedside lamp switches which should be cleaned and wiped thoroughly with anti-bacterial disposable wipes.
Current NHS guidance is that Coronavirus is most commonly transmitted via human-to-human contact and cannot survive on surfaces for long but we consider this additional cleaning a sensible precaution.
We would suggest that you wash your hands regularly, as handwashing remains the best defence for infection prevention.
If you have any further concerns, we recommend that you bring your own anti-bacterial wipes and anti-bacterial handwash with you.
If you do fall ill during your stay and suspect Coronavirus, or do so soon after travelling home, please do notify us immediately.
If you develop symptoms whilst you are on holiday
Call 111if your symptoms get worse or persist
Visitors should inform Sea & Slate and/or the owner of property
We sadly are unable to refund you for your holiday if for any reason you cancel your break within 8 weeks arrival period – We strongly advise that you check your terms on your travel insurance as to how you may be affected if you are forced to cancel
Wishing you a healthy and happy stay
Guest information relating to Coronavirus
Many thanks for booking with Sea & Slate - We really appreciate you coming and visiting us (safely) in this beautiful part of the world and we hope that you really enjoy your stay.
Sadly, the tourism industry has been hit hard in this region due to Covid-19 outbreak.
New guidelines regarding COVID-19 and your holiday
Before you arrive at the property
Before you arrive at the property we will require you to check that all people staying there are free from symptoms*of the COVID-19 virus and are not self-isolating and declare that this is the case
*COVID-19 symptom checker
NHS Wales:https://111.wales.nhs.uk/SelfAssessments/symptomcheckers/COVID19.aspx Up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions in place in Wales can be found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus And here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You may find on arrival there are fewer or no games/ books or DVDs,CDs and ornaments at the property. This is because these items are quite time consuming or difficult to disinfect and we do not want to delay your arrival more than is necessary, so they may have been removed.
You might want to bring such items yourself from home.
Please check the latest arrivals information we have sent to you for key collection instructions.
Arrival times: We’ve updated arrival and departure times to allow for the additional cleaning requirements.
Arrive after 17.00 (pm) hours
Depart by10.00 (am) hours
Please strictly observe these arrival and departure times as they are in place for your safety and that of the housekeepers
When you arrive, if your property has a dishwasher, you may find this full of clean crockery etc. This way you can be confident that the items are clean and have not been touched by anyone.
Whilst at the property:
It is suggested by the Welsh Government that you wash your hands regularly, as handwashing remains the best defence for infection prevention. While in the community please remember to practice safe social distancing.
Please remember to follow Welsh government guidance regarding: Social distancing regular hand washing Sanitising and disinfecting.
Found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
If you become unwell with the symptoms of COVID-19and are advised to have a COVID-19test
please contact Sea & Slate immediately on 07831 452436 and vacate your holiday cottage
Please strip the beds, pillow-cases, sheets and duvet covers, mattress and pillow protectors and place the dirty linen and towels into the bags provided. Please load the dish-washer (if there is one) fully with everything you have used and set it going before you leave (no need to unload it).
Empty all bins and dispose of your rubbish in the appropriate recycling bin.
Local waste and recycling centres have strict guidelines during this time on disposal of rubbish. We advise that you please separate rubbish –glass in one bag, plastics in another, paper in another and non-recyclable in another and food waste in another. Recycling is very important in Ceredigion/ Carmarthenshire & Pembrokeshire and we ask please that you do this to assist our housekeepers
Thank you in advance for taking the time to ensure that the extra steps are taken – we really appreciate your help on this. It will help us ensure that we will be able to remain open and keep our housekeepers & communities safe throughout the season and beyond
Wishing you a healthy and happy stay
All the very best
Spot and Eleri