- Unit 1
Caban Aderyn means Bird Cabin in Welsh, It occupies a stunning spot on a family smallholding in beautiful, peaceful countryside. An idyllic haven for the outdoor enthusiast offering superb scenery and walks from your front door. Walking, pony trecking, fishing and golfing are all within easy reach.This is a perfect base for bird watching.
Bring your binoculars to watch the Red Kites swoop overhead and the many varieties of wild birds feeding at the bird table. Caban Aderyn is about three miles from the National Trust beach at Penbryn and only 3.5 miles from Blue Flag awarded beach at Llangrannog, both beaches have access to the The Ceredigion Coastal path - with all of its incredible flora and fauna and the opportunity to spot dolphin and seals - all of which are just a short drive away.
Being this close to nature and the wildlife makes you but feel a genuine sense of peace and relaxation in your own very special paradise.
The nitty gritty...
- WIFI available.
- Dog friendly.
Open plan kitchen and living area:
- Dining table with chairs.
- Toaster and Kettle.
- Fridge with freezer box.
- 2 x 2 seater fabric sofa.
- Wood burning stove.
- Coffee table.
- Double bed.
- Clothes storage
- Dressing table.
- Bedside tables with lamps.
- Full size bunk beds.
- 1 single bed.
- Wardrobe with drawers.
- Loo and handbasin.
- Outdoor wooden table with bench seating.
- Veranda with patio are overlooking stunning countryside views.
- Large enclosed garden ideal for dogs and children to run around.
Plenty of parking for 2 cars.
- Rhydlewis - post office/shop,
- Da Mhile Distillery - Independent, award winning farmhouse distillery in West Wales committed to bringing high quality organic artisan Gin, seaweed Gin, and organic whiskey - approx 4 miles
- Teifi cheese
- Rhydlewis Smokery - I mile
- Dolphin watching from New Quay, Tresaith, Penbryn and Llangrannog beaches.
- Cardigan Pizza Tipi, The Quays Cardigan - Delicious home fired pizza straight from the oven, views over the Teifi
- Llangrannog - small fishing village and beach - 4.5 miles
- Penbryn - NT beach - 4.5 miles
- New Quay - Boat trips to see dolphins - 15 minute drive
- Llanerchaeron NT estate - 20 min drive
- Aberaeron - pretty Geogian harbour seaside town, The Hive, The Harbourmaster - 8 miles
- Caws Cenarth (cheese) & organic cafe, walks - 2 miles
- Newcastle Emlyn - food, cafes, antiques, castle - 5 miles
- West Wales Wildlife Centre - otters etc
- National Woollen Museum - History of weaving /spinning in Wales - 7 miles
- The Daffodil Gastro pub 5.5 miles (11 minute drive)
- La Calabria Authentic Italian restaurant specialising in a range of delicious homemade pasta and tasty dishes made from fresh local produce. 2.5 miles (7mins drive)
- Brynoffnant stores ( Award winning Londis and Garage) Including: Local produce, off licence, fresh fruit, vedg, instore bakery and bags of logs etc.
- Llangrannog - Small picturesque seaside village and beach with two pubs (Both with restaurants) - 4.5 miles (12 mins)
- The Beach hut Llangrannog Funky Cafe/restaurant in the evenings-right by the sea. Good home-made fayre.
- The Pentre Arms
- The National Woolen museum
- The Harbourmaster Aberaeron Good food and atmosphere right on the harbour.
1 Bathroom, 2 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, Kitchen /Dining room, Log burner, Bath, Bunk beds
SleepingBed linen, 2 Child bed, 1 Double bed, 1 Single bed
CookingChild's high chair, Cooking utensils, Grill, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster
HeatingCentral heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Broadband Internet, TV (Antenna)
SanitaryEssentials, Shower, Towels supplied, Washbasin
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, Smoke Detector
From THE SOUTH - CARMARTHEN
M4/A48 to Carmarthen
In order to by-pass Carmarthen:
At first roundabout on outskirts of Carmarthen take the A40 Llandeilo exit
At next roundabout A40 Llandeilo exit again
At next roundabout take first exit for A485 Lampeter
At next roundabout take A485 Lampeter
Continue on A485 for 8 to 10 miles passing through villages including Peniel, Sarnau, Pontarsais and Alltwallis.
About 1 to 1.5 miles outside Alltwallis (just after passing Texaco petrol station on your right) turn left onto B4459 for Pencader/Llandysul.
After passing through Pencader take next left signed Llandysul (approx. 1 mile outside Pencader).
Go to end of this road (approx. 1 mile) and at T-junction turn left for Llandysul.
On entering Llandysul at T-junction turn right. You are now on the A486 heading for New Quay. Continue on A486. After Llandysul passing through Horeb and Croes-lan.
Approx. 5 or 6 miles from Llandysul you reach Ffostrasol. Take the first left in the village signed for "Newcastle Emlyn". Then carry on up the road until you reach Penrhiwpal turn right toward Rhydlewis - through the village up the hill until you see the sign on your left to Glynarthen, Gilfach Las is the second entrance on the left just before a sharp left-hand bend.
Drive to the very end of the lane.
From THE NORTH
Follow the A487 southbound in the direction of Cardigan passing through the following towns/villages:
Aberystwyth, Llanrhystud, Llannon, Aberaeron, Llanarth, Synod Inn, Plwmp and Pentregat.
After approx. 1 mile at the next village - Brynhoffnant - turn left onto the B4334 signed for "Rhydlewis".
Continue for approx. 2 miles. Take the third right off this road signed for "Glynarthen"
At the t-junction turn left and the entrance to Gilfach Las is immediately on the right next to the two story blue house.
Drive to the very end of the lane.
Entering the Cabin:
Park in front of stone wall below the "wood shed"- you will see a shale path way to your left around the other side of the wall - follow the shale path passing the farm building on your left and you will see the cabin hidden away on your left.
Enter the passageway on the left of the cabin and the door on the right will be unlocked for you.