- Unit 1
Featured in '25 Beautiful Homes' magazine, and named in the UK’s Top Five ‘Lovenests’ by The Guardian newspaper. Tŷ'r Gof (The Blacksmith's Cottage) is a traditional West Wales 'croglofft' cottage and is loved by everyone who stays. Step back in time and relax- It is set in a calm rural location, a few minutes drive from some of the best beaches in Wales like the National Trust beach at Penbryn with it's friendly cafe and Tresaith with the pub directly overlooking the beach.
Simple, small, and rustic, with luxurious touches such as cotton sheets and Wi-Fi. This cottage is perfect for cosy romantic breaks for two (and your doggy!).
Tŷ'r Gof sits on a quiet road in a small hamlet just a five minute walk from Rhydlewis village (shop, salmon smokery, independent butcher - and a quirky tin post office!). Good country walks can be had immediately from the door, with guides provided in the cottage. See the local coast,
The cottage is essentially one open space with kitchen /Living and dining area - warmed by an 8KW wood burning stove, Nobody (even in deepest winter snow) has ever said they've been cold there.
The Nitty gritty...
Kitchen /Dining and living room
- Cooker, microwave, fridge and freezer above, Belfast sink and a Welsh slate work surface. Country views from window.
- Cegin Fawr with 4m high ceiling giving sense of space. Flagstone floor, traditional Ceredigion 'simne lwfr' (wickerwork chimney, lined for the wood burning stove)
- Two modern sofas, table & chairs. Roberts digital radio.
- Doors front and back to small gardens and country views.
- Lovely traditional Welsh blankets adorn the bed and living area.
- Double bed fitted with cotton sheets, electric blanket, traditional Welsh blankets and lit by traditional rooflight above . Open as mezzanine to room below. Low headroom. A travel-cot is (permanently) at the cottage, but bring own baby cot bedding, and high chair if required.
- Shower room: Large shower room with toilet, wash basin, and shower. Wooden floor and rustic panelled walls, heated towel rail, wall heater and panel blast-heater for when you get out the shower, fluffy cotton towels provided.
- Note Only suitable for Children over 10 years and babes in arms (No toddlers) at your own risk. (Croglloft)
- Garden: small garden to front that gets the sun most of the day, and a small raised patio with picnic bench to the rear with gorgeous views.
- off road Parking
- Rhydlewis - post office/shop,
- Da Mhile Distillery - Independent, award winning farmhouse distillery in West Wales committed to bringing high quality organic artisan Gin, seaweed Gin, and organic whiskey - approx 4 miles
- Teifi cheese
- Rhydlewis Smokery - I mile
- Dolphin watching from New Quay, Tresaith, Penbryn and Llangrannog beaches.
- Cardigan Pizza Tipi, The Quays Cardigan - Delicious home fired pizza straight from the oven, views over the Teifi
- Llangrannog - small fishing village and beach - 4.5 miles
- Penbryn - NT beach - 4.5 miles
- New Quay - Boat trips to see dolphins - 15 minute drive
- Llanerchaeron NT estate - 20 min drive
- Aberaeron - pretty Geogian harbour seaside town, The Hive, The Harbourmaster - 8 miles
- Caws Cenarth (cheese) & organic cafe, walks - 2 miles
- Newcastle Emlyn - food, cafes, antiques, castle - 5 miles
- West Wales Wildlife Centre - otters etc
- National Woollen Museum - History of weaving /spinning in Wales - 7 miles
- The Daffodil Gastro pub 5.5 miles (11 minute drive)
- La Calabria Authentic Italian restaurant specialising in a range of delicious homemade pasta and tasty dishes made from fresh local produce. 2.5 miles (7mins drive)
- Brynoffnant stores ( Award winning Londis and Garage) Including: Local produce, off licence, fresh fruit, vedg, instore bakery and bags of logs etc.
- Llangrannog - Small picturesque seaside village and beach with two pubs (Both with restaurants) - 4.5 miles (12 mins)
- The Beach hut Llangrannog Funky Cafe/restaurant in the evenings-right by the sea. Good home-made fayre.
- The Pentre Arms
- The National Woolen museum
- The Harbourmaster Aberaeron Good food and atmosphere right on the harbour.
- Restored building
- Wood burning stove installed to burn fuel efficiently.
- Natural lime wash and pigments used
- Only lime so breathable walls (no cement used)
- L.E.D bulbs used throughout
- Locally sourced materials (eg new Welsh slates etc)
- Low-flush toilet
1 Bathroom, 1 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, Log burner, Crog Loft (traditional mezanine bedroom over)
SleepingBed linen, 1 Double bed
HeatingElectric heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, DAB Radio, iPod dock
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Outdoor seating area
Address: Ty'r Gof, Rhydlewis, Llandysul, Ceredigion SA44 5SN.
If travelling from inland (ie the East) find Rhydlewis first. POST CODE SA44 5SN
1. Leave the village of Rhydlewis in the direction of Brynhoffnant (i.e. if your back is to the window of the red tin village Post Office/ shop head straight forwards, signposted Llangrannog).
2. Exit the village and all houses, and the road sweeps round to the left, and over a small modern bridge with metal railings.
3. Ty'r Gof is on the right approx 100m after the bridge, just opposite a small lane to the left.
4. Park up on the gravelled parking to the right of the cottage (as you look at the front).
If travelling from the coast road (A487)
1. Turn inland at Brynhoffant (signposted to Rhydlewis) and we are about 2.5 miles inland
on the left, at the base of a hill, between houses Glan-yr-Afon and (the red) Felin Brithdir.
2. If you get to the village (or modern bridge)you have driven too far.
KEY SAFE CODE: 7070
The Key safe is located on the telegraph pole just inside the side gate of the cottage
Emergency contact number : 07487301962
Your property will be clean and tidy upon arrival.
In light of the Coronavirus, we are asking our homeowners to instruct their housekeepers to focus more on items that are frequently touched e.g. door handles, keys, remote controls, radios, light switches and bedside lamp switches which should be cleaned and wiped thoroughly with anti-bacterial disposable wipes.
Current NHS guidance is that Coronavirus is most commonly transmitted via human-to-human contact and cannot survive on surfaces for long but we consider this additional cleaning a sensible precaution.
We would suggest that you wash your hands regularly, as handwashing remains the best defence for infection prevention.
If you have any further concerns, we recommend that you bring your own anti-bacterial wipes and anti-bacterial handwash with you.
If you do fall ill during your stay and suspect Coronavirus, or do so soon after travelling home, please do notify us immediately.
If you develop symptoms whilst you are on holiday
Call 111if your symptoms get worse or persist
Visitors should inform Sea & Slate and/or the owner of property
We sadly are unable to refund you for your holiday if for any reason you cancel your break within 8 weeks arrival period – We strongly advise that you check your terms on your travel insurance as to how you may be affected if you are forced to cancel
Wishing you a healthy and happy stay
Guest information relating to Coronavirus
Many thanks for booking with Sea & Slate - We really appreciate you coming and visiting us (safely) in this beautiful part of the world and we hope that you really enjoy your stay.
Sadly, the tourism industry has been hit hard in this region due to Covid-19 outbreak.
New guidelines regarding COVID-19 and your holiday
Before you arrive at the property
Before you arrive at the property we will require you to check that all people staying there are free from symptoms*of the COVID-19 virus and are not self-isolating and declare that this is the case
*COVID-19 symptom checker
NHS Wales:https://111.wales.nhs.uk/SelfAssessments/symptomcheckers/COVID19.aspx Up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions in place in Wales can be found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus And here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You may find on arrival there are fewer or no games/ books or DVDs,CDs and ornaments at the property. This is because these items are quite time consuming or difficult to disinfect and we do not want to delay your arrival more than is necessary, so they may have been removed.
You might want to bring such items yourself from home.
Please check the latest arrivals information we have sent to you for key collection instructions.
Arrival times: We’ve updated arrival and departure times to allow for the additional cleaning requirements.
Arrive after 17.00 (pm) hours
Depart by10.00 (am) hours
Please strictly observe these arrival and departure times as they are in place for your safety and that of the housekeepers
When you arrive, if your property has a dishwasher, you may find this full of clean crockery etc. This way you can be confident that the items are clean and have not been touched by anyone.
Whilst at the property:
It is suggested by the Welsh Government that you wash your hands regularly, as handwashing remains the best defence for infection prevention. While in the community please remember to practice safe social distancing.
Please remember to follow Welsh government guidance regarding: Social distancing regular hand washing Sanitising and disinfecting.
Found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
If you become unwell with the symptoms of COVID-19and are advised to have a COVID-19test
please contact Sea & Slate immediately on 07831 452436 and vacate your holiday cottage
Please strip the beds, pillow-cases, sheets and duvet covers, mattress and pillow protectors and place the dirty linen and towels into the bags provided. Please load the dish-washer (if there is one) fully with everything you have used and set it going before you leave (no need to unload it).
Empty all bins and dispose of your rubbish in the appropriate recycling bin.
Local waste and recycling centres have strict guidelines during this time on disposal of rubbish. We advise that you please separate rubbish –glass in one bag, plastics in another, paper in another and non-recyclable in another and food waste in another. Recycling is very important in Ceredigion/ Carmarthenshire & Pembrokeshire and we ask please that you do this to assist our housekeepers
Thank you in advance for taking the time to ensure that the extra steps are taken – we really appreciate your help on this. It will help us ensure that we will be able to remain open and keep our housekeepers & communities safe throughout the season and beyond
Wishing you a healthy and happy stay
All the very best
Spot and Eleri