Rhiwson Uchaf + hot tub
- Unit 1
Rhiwson Uchaf is an historic Grade II Welsh longhouse which has been sympathetically restored to a luxurious standard whilst still keeping a lot of its original features including oak beams, floorboards, original wall paintings dating back to 1700 and large flagstones and tiles.The property is located perfectly for exploring the Cardigan Bay coastline if you prefer to ramble then the Cambrian Mountains are also nearby.
The Hot tub is an added modern luxury and ideal for star gazing in this quiet rural location - no light pollution here!
'Rhiwson is an historic longhouse situated in the Teifi valley, West Wales. The Grade II-listed house has a thatch and tin roof, a four-poster bed, an enclosed private garden with patio area for dining and outdoor sofa's for lounging. There is also a mill pond and 180 acres of private land to access freely from your doorstep. There are no main roads in sight and the peacefulness and lack of traffic noise is bliss. The Guardian, selecting it as the best location for a family Christmas.
There are also wonderful views across the Teifi valley to enjoy throughout the changing seasons. Great for couples as well as family groups as it splits internally into two wings. The ancient thatched roof has been preserved under a protective layer of tin since the 1920s and listed for its historic interest. Inside has recently been modernised sympathetically to accommodate all the mod cons without compromising its historic beauty. No roads in sight or earshot, and although the property manager lives in the converted stabling across the farmyard your windows virtually all face the other way across open fields.
The Nitty Gritty...
- The property is centrally heated throughout and always warm.
- WIFI available.
- Electric cooker.
- Counter top fridge freezer.
- Kettle and toaster.
Living Room :
- Smart flat screen TV
- DVD player
- Wood burning stove
- 5 seater corner sofa
- Oak coffee table
- Log store
Living/ Dining :
- Oil-fired Rayburn
- Large oak dining table with seating for 8.
- 2 seater leather sofa
- Oak coffer
- Roberts Radio
- Glasses cabinet
- Ground Floor double bedroom with four-poster bed.
- Chest of drawers
- Bedside tables with lamps
- Double Wardrobe
En -suite :
- Electric shower
- Washbasin with storage
- Antique pine king size bed
- Enclosed wardrobe/airing cupboard area with shelves
- Antique dressing table and chair
- Bedside table with lamps
- Two adult size single beds.
- Chaise longue
- Dressing table
- Travel cot
- Child's bed rail
- Bath with over head shower
- Toilet and washbasin
- Washing machine
- Fridge freezer
- Large fridge freezer
- High chair
- Tub chair with table and lamp
- Large solid oak dresser
- Solid oak sideboard
- Access to the back garden
- Large lawned front garden which is enclosed and ideal for dogs.
- Private hot tub
- Outdoor dining furniture
- Outdoor sofa and chairs
- Charcoal BBQ.
- Free access to 180 acres of private farmland.
Hot tub with views of the countryside.
- Stay 'home' and relax, watch the red kites and explore the farmland
- Dine out on local seafood and organic produce
- Brechfa forest biking - Great off road cycling for both novices and professionals alike.
- The Daffodil Pub and Retauraunt , Penrhiwllan. 12 miles
- Harbourmaster Hotel - Aberaeron - Broadband, award-winning food and wine - 12 miles
- Lampeter - University market town, cafes, bars, supermarkets, shops - 5 miles
- Llanybydder - small market town -2.5 miles
- Llanybydder horse fair - last Thursday of month - 2.5 miles
- New Quay (beach) - 20 minute drive
- Dolphin boat trips - 20 minute drive
- Aberaeron - 12 miles
2 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, Log burner, Bath
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 1 Double bed, 1 King bed, 2 Single bed, Twin beds (2 x single beds)
CookingBlender, Child's high chair, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Fridge /Freezer
HeatingCentral heating, Fireplace
OutsideOver an acre of grounds to explore, Table and chairs for Alfresco dining
EntertainmentWi-Fi Internet, TV (Antenna), iPod dock
SanitaryHair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towels supplied, Hot Tub
LaundryTumble dryer, Bathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner, high chair
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Private Garden, Outdoor seating area
Rhiwson Uchaf, Drefach, Llanybydder, Ceredigion , West Wales, SA409TA, United Kingdom
Here are your arrival instructions :
Property address is
Eleri's Mobile : 07528374735
A475 until Drefach, then take 3rd exit to the right at the roundabout. After about 200 yards at S bend turn right into narrow country lane, go up hill follow road to the right,( you will pass first farm named Rhiwson Isaf) then when you see silver garage doors look right and you will see Rhiwson Uchaf holiday cottage sign - follow this road down until you get to the property.
A485 to Llanybydder then turn left (cross roads) downhill and follow road right over stone bridge then 1st left (B4337) to Drefach. Turn right at junction and then 1st left at the new roundabout. After about 200 yards at S bend turn right into narrow country lane, go up hill follow road to the right, (you will pass first farm named Rhiwson Isaf) then when you see silver garage doors look right and you will see Rhiwson Uchaf holiday cottage sign - follow this road down until you reach the cottage.
If the owner is not around you will find the key inside the red door.