- Unit 1
Tŷ Traeth is an attractive seaside stone cottage, less than a minute's walk from the beautiful beaches of Llangrannog on the West Wales coast.
Llangrannog is home to a sheltered sandy beach known as 'Traeth y Pentref' (the village beach). At low tide it is possible to walk around the rocks to the otherwise hidden sandy cove of Cilborth (also accessible by the breathtaking Ceredigion coastal path which is unaffected by the tide).
Now, you can bring your dog along, walk the beaches and coastal path with them..after all they deserve a holiday too!
Positioned roughly halfway between the market town of Cardigan and the Georgian harbour town of Aberaeron. You are perfectly positioned to explore the rugged Ceridigion coastline and the pretty beaches of Llangrannog.
Go surfing, kayaking or for the less adventurous enjoy a picnic on the beach which is only a very short stroll away.
You are in the heart of Llangrannog, a sleepy, pretty coastal village, where you can relax and watch the sunset from the excellent cafes and pubs which include an award winning pub/restaurant, a beach cafe (with delicious home made ice cream as recommended by Rick Stein) and a small traditional pub that serves fresh sea food straight from Cardigan Bay.(Season permitting)
There's also a village shop, stocking all the essentials.
The cottage interior reflects a cool, contemporary style and all the rooms have a lovely spacious, fresh and airy feel.
The windows have shutters, perfect for cosy nights in snuggled next to the wood burning stove in Winter months.
* Please note that we only take bookings either starting or finishing on a Monday or Friday )it may be possible to book outside these dates - please call or email the office)
Centrally heated throughout
The Nitty gritty...
Well equipped, open-plan Kitchen/Dining Room:
- Modern kitchen units with Belfast style sink
- Cooker with convection hob
- Large country kitchen table with overhead lamp - sits six people comfortably.
Utility (under stairs)
- Washing machine
- Two large leather sofas
- Two bay ash windows with shutters
- Flatscreen TV/DVD with free view channels
- iPod dock
- wood burning stove
- Claw foot bath with powerful overhead shower
- Heated towel rail
- Wash hand basin
- Master bedroom with king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables
- Twin bedroom with twin beds, chest of drawers, bedside tables
- Small outside patio fronts onto the lane leading to beach, table and 4 chairs
- Private parking for one car.
Out and about:
- Located near the shores of Cardigan Bay and the coastal path - famous for Dolphin and Seal watching!
- Llangrannog - Small fishing village and beach - you are there!
- Pentre Arms - Llangrannog. Traditional family pub, winner of Food Awards 2 years running! Live music and great views of the sea from huge picture window (closest pub to the sea in Wales!) in Llangrannog
- The Beach Hut - Llangrannog. Fab, funky beach-side restaurant serving good home made food and fresh fish from the Bay (when in season - also (check opening times on website in Winter months)
- The Ship Inn, Llangrannog - bar and restaurant pub
- Sea & Slate Gallery, Llangrannog - Teeny gallery featuring local artists and artisans hand made gifts and art - 1 mile
- Pizza Tipi - An amazing outdoor Tipi (with fire pit to keep toasty) on the banks of the River Teifi Cardigan, serving the 'best home made pizzas in Wales'! (check opening times on website in Winter months) Cardigan about 10 miles away
- El Salsa - Bringing Award winning Mexican street food to Wales! (check opening times on website in Winter months) - Cardigan about 10 miles away
- Penbryn - National Trust beach - 2.5 mile (via coastal path 1 mile)
- Plwmp Tart - Penbryn NT beach - delicious home made cakes and lunches, open every day in the summer - check FB page for Winter opening times/
- New Quay - beach and boat trips to watch dolphins - around 15 minute drive away
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust Estate - around 20 minute drive
- Aberaeron - Fishing harbour, fabulous restaurants and shopping - 8 miles away
- Welsh Wildlife Centre - Otters and Glasshouse cafe (award for architectural design in 1993) - 11 miles away
- Heritage Canoes - Canoes, kayaking and wind surfing - 11 miles away
- National Woollen Museum - History of Welsh weaving and Spinning in the Museum, cafe and shop
- Hoffant stores (award winning) - groceries, local bakery, off license, fuel /wood - 2 miles away
- Da Mhile Distillery 9 miles
- Caws Teifi Delicious locally produced cheeses 9 miles away
- The Harbourmaster- Aberaeron Home made fresh produce year round - 9 miles away
- Tide times
1 Bathroom, 2 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, Kitchen /Dining room, Log burner
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 1 King bed, 2 Single bed, Twin beds (2 x single beds)
CookingChild's high chair, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster, Half board, Fridge /Freezer
HeatingCentral heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Broadband Internet, TV (Antenna), iPod dock
SanitaryHair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towels supplied, Washbasin
LaundryTumble dryer, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
Travelling from the coastal road (A487) POST CODE SA44 6SL
Turn right (If travelling southerly) Left if travelling northerly (at the Londis /Murco Garage) at Brynhoffnant. (**NB: The Londis has a great selection of local produce and supplies)
- Turn towards Llangrannog (Directly opposite the Londis /Murco Garage)
- Proceed down the hill towards Llangrannog and the beach.
- When you see the sea, the property will be seen on your right hand side (with the Red door) the name of the house is Cilrhiw – There is a private parking space outside for the use of guests)
- The Key-safe is positioned on the front door reveal on the left – The key code: 2122